According to a news statement issued on Oct. 12, Israeli online development provider Wix, which has 210 million users globally, has partnered with cryptocurrency payments operator BitPay to offer its customers a better experience. Several Altcoins have been introduced as new payment alternatives to its eCommerce platform, including the meme crypto Dogecoin, which is a popular currency.
The new functionality will be rolled out in stages over the next few weeks. At the onset, cryptocurrencies will only be accepted in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Brazil. According to Wix’s Omer Shatzky, the partnership will possibly enable vendors to help attract cryptocurrency-friendly customers: “Using BitPay, Wix merchants have direct exposure to a whole growing market of customers who prefer to spend with Bitcoin and also other cryptocurrencies, as well as a way for their business to plug into the growing cryptocurrency industry.”
Wix briefly surpassed Apple as Israel’s most valuable company in February, when its market capitalization surpassed $20 billion. Its stock, on the other hand, has dropped 27.48 percent so far this year.
Latest Dogecoin Price
- David Gokhshtein Opines that DOGE Has Attracted Lots of People to Bitcoin
- Dogecoin Among Most Adopted Cryptocurrencies Globally
- Dogecoin Gains 12% As New Week Begins, Trading at $0.26
- YouTube Removes and Later Restores Anthony Pompliano’s Channel
- Elon Musk Makes Fun of Bitcoin Proponents, Affirms Love for Dogecoin